Add rice or noodles to this vibrant salad if you need something more substantial, or just a handful of prawn crackers for something lighter.
SERVES 4 – 25 minutes
– 1 small pineapple or 350g/12oz pineapple chunks.
– 140g/5oz beansprouts.
– 250g/9oz cooked king prawns.
– ½ cucumber, peeled, deseeded and sliced.
– 200g/8oz cherry tomatoes, halved.
– handful mint leaves, very roughly chopped, to garnish.
– 50g/2oz unsalted cashew nuts, toasted, to scatter (optional).
FOR THE DRESSING
– ½ red chilli, deseeded and sliced.
– 1 garlic clove.
– 1 tsp golden caster sugar.
– juice 2 limes.
– 1½ tsp fish sauce.
Step 1:Mash the chilli, garlic and sugar for the dressing to a paste using a pestle and mortar or small food processor. Stir in the lime juice and fish sauce.
Step 2:If using fresh pineapple, peel, quarter, core and slice the fruit at an angle into chunks. Toss the pineapple chunks with the beansprouts, prawns, cucumber, tomatoes and some of the dressing. Pile into bowls and scatter with the mint and cashews, if using. Drizzle with the rest of the dressing and serve.
Note : PER SERVING 202 kcals, protein 19g, carbs 17g, fat 7g, sat fat 1g, fibre 3g, sugar 14g, salt 1.5g