This substantial stir fry is great for vegetarians (just make sure the sauce you use is suitable). Add some chunks of tofu, if you want to increase the protein.
SERVES 4 – 30 minutes
– 250g/9oz basmati rice.
– 4 tbsp groundnut or vegetable oil.
– 2 large aubergines, cut into quarters and then wedges.
– 2 red peppers, deseeded and cut into thin strips.
– 8 spring onions, 7 quartered lengthways, 1 finely sliced.
– 220g jar black bean sauce.
Step 1:Cook the rice according to the pack instructions. Meanwhile, heat a wok and add the oil. When hot, stir-fry the aubergines for 10–12 minutes until golden and cooked through. Add the peppers and quartered spring onions, and stir-fry for about 6 minutes until just tender.
Step 2:Add the black bean sauce along with 2 tablespoons water and warm through. Serve with the basmati rice and the finely sliced spring onion.
Note : PER SERVING 411 kcals, protein 11g, carbs 65g, fat 14g, sat fat 2g, fibre 7g, sugar 14g, salt 3.53g