Avocado, cucumber, and red pepper salsa
This clean, fresh flavor combination goes well with fish, chicken, or lamb.
Yields about 2 cups
– ½ cup diced seeded cucumber
– 1 small red pepper, diced (about 1 cup)
– 3 scallions, finely chopped (about ¼ cup)
– 1 small jalapeño, cored, seeded, and finely chopped
– 2 tsp. chopped cilantro
– 1 Tbs. fresh lime juice
– 1 Tbs. rice vinegar
– ½ tsp. salt; more to taste
– 1 medium avocado, diced (about 1 cup)
in a serving bowl, mix the cucumber, red pep per, scallions, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, vinegar, and salt. Gently toss in the avocado. Let stand for 20 minutes before serving. The salsa can be made up two hours ahead.
Food: Avocado, cucumber, and red pepper salsa