Make these retro cherry-and-almond desserts individually or in a large dish. Either way they are bound to impress.
SERVES 8 – 15 minutes
– 25g/1oz crunchy amaretti biscuits.
– 140g/5oz shop-bought Madeira loaf cake.
– ½ × 225g jar cocktail or maraschino cherries, drained, plus extra to decorate.
– 200g/8oz cherry compote or jam.
– 2 × 150g pots custard.
– 300ml/½ pint double cream.
– 3 tbsp toasted flaked almonds.
Step 1:Crumble the biscuits and cake together into a bowl, roughly mix, then divide among eight small glasses. Halve the cherries and divide among the trifles, then top with compote or jam.
Step 2:Beat together the custard and cream to combine, then dollop on top. Scatter over the almonds, add a cherry half to each trifle and chill until ready to serve.
Note : PER SERVING 415 kcals, protein 4g, carbs 39g, fat 27g, sat fat 14g, fibre 1g, sugar 33g, salt 0.3g