Rib eye is my favorite cut of steak. I love the fat content and I really enjoy panfrying them. This recipe uses the natural flavors of feta cheese and roasted garlic to flavor a great steak and make a nice sauce to eat it with. It’s also a one-pan dish, so very little cleanup is necessary.
– 1 tsp (15 ml) olive oil.
– 2 (10-oz [280-g]) bone-in rib eye steaks Black pepper to taste.
– ¼ cup (40 g) roasted garlic cloves.
– ½ cup (55 g) crumbled feta cheese.
– 2 cups (60 g) fresh baby spinach.
– 1-2 tbsp (15-30 ml) water, as needed Pinch of salt (optional)
Step 2: Add the garlic and feta cheese to the same pan, still over medium heat, and cook, using a wooden spoon to break the feta apart and work it into the juices from the steak. Add the spinach and stir it into the liquid in the pan. If the liquid is evaporating too fast add 1 to 2 tablespoons (15–30 ml) of water. Put your steaks back into the pan and cover. Let them cook 5 to 10 minutes, depending on how well done you like your steaks. Put the steaks on plates and pour the spinach, feta and garlic sauce over them. Taste and sprinkle with salt if needed.