Pairing a powerful side with a simple, clean protein works really well and leaves you with a balanced meal. Tilapia is a fish with a mild flavor and it’s treated simply here, so the sweet and fruity couscous really shines. Couscous is an easy starch to make for dinner, and the tilapia cooks real fast.
– ½ cup (84 g) couscous.
– ¼ cup (40 g) chopped dried apricots.
– 1 tbsp (14 g) minced fresh ginger.
– 1 tbsp (13 g) brown sugar.
– 2 tbsp (14 g) chopped toasted cashews.
– 2 tbsp plus 1½ tsp (40 ml) olive oil.
– 2 pinches salt.
– 1 (5-oz [140-g]) tilapia fillet, skinned.
– Pinch of black pepper.
Step 2: Heat the remaining oil in a medium-size frying pan over medium heat. Season the fish with a pinch of salt and a pinch of black pepper. Brown the fillet on both sides, turn the heat down to medium-low, and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until it flakes with fork and is cooked through.