You won’t need salt and pepper to season this dish, but you can add an extra splash of soy sauce, if you prefer a saltier flavour.
SERVES 4 – 30 minutes
– 3 garlic cloves, crushed.
– finger-sized knob ginger, grated.
– 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped.
– 1 tbsp soy sauce.
– 2 tbsp tomato purée.
– 2 chicken breasts, cut into chunky strips.
– 3 blocks dried egg noodles.
– ½ broccoli head, broken into florets.
– 3 carrots, cut into thin sticks.
– 1 tbsp vegetable oil.
– 300g pack beansprouts.
– 3 spring onions, halved and sliced into strips.
– 1 tbsp oyster sauce.
Step 1:Mix together the garlic, ginger, chilli, soy sauce and tomato purée, then add the chicken and leave to marinate while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
Step 2:Boil a large pan of water, add the noodles, broccoli and carrots, then cook for 4 minutes before draining.
Step 3:Heat the oil in a wok, tip in the chicken and its marinade, then stir-fry for 4–5 minutes until cooked. Toss in the noodles, vegetables, beansprouts and spring onions to warm through. Mix the oyster sauce with 2 tablespoons water and stir this in just before serving.
Note : PER SERVING 545 kcals, protein 33g, carbs 80g, fat 12g, sat fat 1g, fibre 7g, sugar 12g, salt 1.98g