To make this recipe gluten-free, check that your noodles are made from 100 per cent buckwheat or use rice noodles, and swap the soy sauce for tamari.
SERVES 2 – 30 minutes
– 100g/4oz soba noodles.
– 100g/4oz shredded curly kale.
– 2 tsp sesame oil.
– 2 lean boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into thin strips.
– 25g/1oz piece ginger, peeled and cut into matchsticks.
– 1 red pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced.
– handful Brussels sprouts, cut into quarters.
– 1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce.
– 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar or white wine vinegar.
– zest and juice 1 lime.
Step 1:Cook the noodles according to the pack instructions, then drain and set aside.
Step 2:Meanwhile, heat a large wok or frying pan, add the kale along with a good splash of water and cook for 1–2 minutes until wilted. Transfer to a colander and cool under running water to keep the colour of the leaves.
Step 3:Add half the oil to the wok or pan and cook the chicken strips until browned, then remove to a plate. Heat the remaining oil and fry the ginger, pepper and sprouts until softened a little. Return the chicken and kale to the wok or pan and add the noodles. Tip in the soy, rice wine or white wine vinegar and lime zest and juice along with enough water to create a sauce that clings to the ingredients. Serve immediately.
Note : PER SERVING 381 kcals, protein 36g, carbs 50g, fat 6g, sat fat 1g, fibre 5g, sugar 7g, salt 2.1g