this Indian favourite is easy to prepare at home. The juicy skewers are grilled, too, so you get all the flavour without the calories.
Takes 30 minutes, plus soaking and marinating (optional) • Serves 4
– 150g pot low-fat natural yogurt.
– 2 tbsp hot curry paste.
– 4 skinless chicken breasts, cubed.
– 250g pack cherry tomatoes.
– 4 wholemeal chapatis, warmed, to serve.
FOR THE CUCUMBER SALAD
– ½ cucumber, halved lengthways, seeded and sliced.
– 1 red onion, thinly sliced.
– a handful of chopped fresh coriander leaves.
– juice of 1 lemon.
– 50g pack lamb’s lettuce or pea shoots.
Step 1:Put eight wooden skewers in a bowl of water to soak. Mix the yogurt and curry paste together in avbowl, then add the chicken (if you have time, marinate it for an hour or so).
Step 2:In a large bowl, toss together the cucumber, red onion, coriander and lemon juice. Chill until ready to serve.
Step 3:Shake off any excess marinade, then thread the chicken pieces and cherry tomatoes on to the skewers. Cook under a medium grill for 15–20 minutes, turning from time to time, until cooked through and nicely browned.
Step 4:Stir the lettuce or pea shoots into the salad, then divide among four plates. Top each serving with two chicken tikka skewers and serve with the warm chapatis.