Chilli and garlic bread bake
Rice is nice, but garlic bread is better! Our quick chilli con carne bake is sure to become one
of your favourite ways with mince.
Takes 30 minutes • Serves 4
– 500g pack lean minced beef
– 2 onions, quartered
– 2 tsp olive oil
– 2 tsp ground cumin
– 1–2 tsp mild chilli powder (or hotter if you like it spicy)
– 400g can chopped tomatoes
– 1 beef stock cube
– 1 garlic baguette, split into slices
Brown the mince in a large non-stick frying pan for a few minutes, then tip into a bowl. Whiz the onions in a food processor until finely chopped (or roughly grate them if you don’t have a processor).
Heat the oil in the pan then fry the onions for 2 minutes. Add the spices and cook for another minute. Return the mince to the pan with the tomatoes, stock cube and a can of hot water, bring to the boil then simmer for 20 minutes.
Heat the grill to medium. Spoon the mince into an ovenproof dish. Arrange the baguette slices over the mince, then grill for 5 minutes until golden and crisp.
Food: Chilli and garlic bread bake
• Per serving 498 kcalories, protein 37g, carbohydrate 33g, fat 25g, saturated fat 6g, fibre 2g, sugar 7g, salt 2.16g