A hearty slice of cheese on toast ticks all the boxes when time is short – satisfying, quick to
make and popular with everyone.
Takes 10 minutes • Serves 4
– 4 slices from a ciabatta loaf (cut on an angle to make the slices larger)
– 1 bunch of spring onions, finely sliced
– 100g/4oz cherry tomatoes, quartered
– 100g/4oz Gruyère, grated (or use Cheddar)
– 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
– a splash of Worcestershire sauce
Heat the grill to high, put the bread on to a baking sheet, then grill until just golden on both sides.
Mix together the onions, tomatoes, cheese and chilli flakes in a bowl, then spread over the toast.
Shake over a little Worcestershire sauce and grill again until golden and melted.
Food: Chillied cheese on toast
Per serving 250 kcalories, protein 13g, carbohydrate 28g, fat 11g, saturated fat 6g, fibre 2g, sugar 3g, salt 1.16g