Finish an Italian meal in style with these quick tiramisu-flavoured puds.
Takes 10 minutes • Serves 6
– 250g tub mascarpone.
– 4 tsp icing sugar.
– 200ml/8fl oz fresh vanilla custard (from a 500ml pot).
– 25g/1oz dark chocolate, grated.
– zest of 1 orange.
– 6 cups strong espresso or very strong coffee.
– 37.5cl bottle Vin Santo (enough for 6 glasses).
– 250g pack cantuccini or biscotti biscuits.
Step 1:Tip the mascarpone into a bowl and beat with a wooden spoon to soften. Add the icing sugar and custard, stirring until smooth. Fold in the chocolate and orange zest. Spoon into six small glasses, cover and chill until needed.
Step 2:When ready to serve, prepare the coffee. Serve the coffee alongside the chocolate creams, with a glass of Vin Santo and biscuits for dipping.