Corn and Cotija Guacamole (aka Esquites Guacamole)
A guacamole inspired by esquites, aka Mexican corn salad, with charred or grilled corn and crumbled cotija.
– 1 tablespoon butter
– 1 cup corn (~2 ears)
– 2 large avocados, mashed
– 1/4 cup cotija (or feta), crumbled
– 2 tablespoons lime juice (~1 lime)
– 1 jalapeno pepper, finely diced
– 1/4 cup onion, finely diced
– 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
– salt and pepper to taste
Melt the butter in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat, add the corn, toss and let it sit cooking until charred, about 6-10 minutes, mix it up and let it char again, about 6-10 minutes, and remove from heat.
Meanwhile, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Mix everything and enjoy
Food: Corn and Cotija Guacamole