With this recipe in your arsenal, you can get all the flavors and textures of a delicious chicken pot pie, plus some creamy beans and zesty chiles, without having to make a crust or bake it off. You basically throw these tasty ingredients into a pan and let it cook itself. Omit or add any ingredients you want.
– 3 tbsp (45 ml) olive oil.
– 2 tomatillos, finely chopped.
– ½ can green chiles.
– 1 vine-ripe tomato, diced.
– ½ white onion, chopped fine.
– Pinch of salt.
– Pinch of black pepper.
– 1 (6–8-oz [170–230-g]) boneless chicken breast half, cut into small chunks.
– 1 cup (254 g) canned cannellini beans.
– 1 carrot, peeled and sliced thin.
– ½ (12 oz [350 g]) can corn.
– ½ cup (120 ml) chicken broth.
Step 2: Add the beans, carrot, corn and chicken broth and let the broth cook down for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring every 2 to 3 minutes to keep the mix from burning. Serve by ladling into bowls and eat it like stew!