Curried fish tacos with bean salad
Finger food at its best, this quick and spicy supper has three of your 5-a-day. The spicy fish makes an easy and tasty change to bought crumbed-fish pieces.
Takes 15 minutes • Serves 2
– 1 ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
– juice of ½ lemon
– ½ × 410g can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
– 1 finger-length piece of cucumber, diced
– 85g/3oz cherry tomatoes, halved
– 2 skinless haddock fillets (each about 140g/5oz)
– 1 tbsp plain flour
– 1 tbsp mild curry powder
– 2 tsp vegetable oil
– 4 taco shells, soured cream and lime wedges, to serve
Mix the avocado with the lemon juice in a bowl. Add the beans, cucumber and tomatoes, then mix
well with some seasoning. Set aside.
Slice the fish into thick finger-length strips and toss in a bowl with the flour and curry powder.
Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan, then fry the fish slices for 1 minute on each side until cooked
through. Serve in the tacos, with the bean salad, soured cream and lime wedges.
Food: Curried fish tacos with bean salad
• Per serving 396 kcalories, protein 35g, carbohydrate 23g, fat 19g, saturated fat 2g, fibre 9g, sugar 5g, salt 1g