Deep-fried bean curd rolls with seaweed – zhi cai fu pi juan
Makes about 35 pieces
– Bean curd sheets 2, large
– Seaweed strips for wrapping
– Cooking oil for deep-frying
– Flour mixture 2 tsp plain (all-purpose)flour + 2 tsp water
– Prawns (shrimp) 150 g (51/3 oz)
– Minced pork 300 g (101/2 oz)
– Salt 5 g (1/6 oz)
– Chicken powder 5 g (1/6 oz)
– Sugar 15 g (1/2 oz)
– Potato starch 10 g (1/3 oz)
– Ground white pepper a dash
– Sesame oil a dash
– Cooking oil a dash
Cut bean curd sheets into 10-cm (4-in) squares. Set aside.
Prepare fi lling. Shell and de-vein prawns. Wash and drain well before
chopping into smaller pieces. Mix in minced pork.
Add seasoning ingredients to filling and mix well.
Lay a bean curd sheet on a clean flat surface. Spoon fi lling along the
bottom edge of the bean curd sheet. Roll it up into a flat rectangular
parcel. Dab fl our mixture along the edges to seal it. Repeat until all
ingredients are used up.
Wrap a strip of seaweed around the middle of each parcel.
Heat oil in a wok. Deep-fry bean curd rolls until golden brown.
Food: Deep-fried bean curd rolls with seaweed