This easy-to-make dish is low in fat and spiked with a little chilli – a great all-rounder that will satisfy your hunger and your tastebuds.
Takes 20 minutes • Serves 2
– 2 skinless salmon fillets, (each about 140g/5oz).
– 1 red chilli, seeded and finely chopped.
– a small bunch of fresh coriander, chopped.
– 1 lime, halved, to serve.
FOR THE RICE
– 2 tbsp olive oil.
– 1 onion, chopped.
– a small knob of fresh root ginger, finely chopped.
– 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced.
– 100g/4oz basmati rice.
Step 1:First, make the rice. Boil the kettle. Heat a tablespoon of oil in a pan and fry the onion for a few minutes until lightly browned. Stir in the ginger and garlic, fry for 1 minute, then stir in the rice. Add 300ml/10fl oz boiling water and a little salt, then bring to the boil. Cover and cook for 10–12 minutes until the rice is tender. Heat the grill to medium.
Step 2:Brush a baking sheet lightly with a little oil. Put the salmon on top and grill for 4–5 minutes, then scatter with the chilli, coriander, remaining olive oil and seasoning. Grill again for just 4–5 minutes until the salmon is cooked through. Serve with the rice and lime halves for squeezing over.