– 2 ears corn, husked Olive oil for brushing
– 5 ripe plum tomatoes
– ¼ cup very finely diced red onion
– 1 tsp. finely chopped garlic
– 1 canned chipotle chile, finely chopped
– 1 Tbs. finely chopped fresh oregano or 2 tsp. dried
– 2 Tbs. fresh lime juice
– 1 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
– ½ tsp. salt; more to taste
Heat the grill. Brush the corn with olive oil and grill over medium-hot coals until tender and slightly blackened, about 10 minutes.
Scrape the kernels from the cob and reserve. Grill the tomatoes over medium-hot coals until the skins are blistered and charred, about 8 minutes. Slice the tomatoes lengthwise and dice.
In a serving bowl, combine the corn, tomatoes, onion, garlic, chipotle, oregano, lime juice, and extra- virgin olive oil. Season with salt.
Let stand for 20 minutes before serving. The salsa can be made up two hours ahead.
Food: Grilled corn and tomato salsa