tuna is a sturdy fish that is easy to grill or broil
– Cook time: 20 minutes.
– yield: 4 servings.
– serving size: 1 tuna steak, 1 C salad.
– 1 Tbsp olive or canola oil.
– 1 Tbsp garlic, minced (about 2–3 cloves).
– 2 Tbsp lemon juice.
– 1 Tbsp oregano, minced (or 1 tsp dried).
– 12 oz tuna steaks, cut into 4 portions (3 oz each).
– For salad: ½ can (15½ oz) low-sodium chickpeas (or garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed.
– ½ bag (10 oz) leaf spinach, rinsed and dried.
– 1 Tbsp lemon juice.
– 1 medium tomato, rinsed and cut into wedges.
– ⅛ tsp salt.
– ⅛ tsp ground black pepper.
Step 2:Combine oil, garlic, lemon juice, and oregano, and brush over tuna steaks. Marinate for 5–10 minutes.
Step 3:Meanwhile, combine all salad ingredients. (Salad can be made up to 2 hours in advance and refrigerated.) Grill or broil tuna on high heat for 3–4 minutes on each side until the flesh is opaque and separates easily with a fork (to a minimum internal temperature of 145 °F).
Step 4:Serve one tuna steak over 1 cup of mixed salad.
Note : If you can’t find beans labeled “low-sodium,” compare the Nutrition Facts panels to find the beans with the lowest amount of sodium. Rinsing can help further reduce the sodium level.