Give the family something hearty but healthy with this warming cobbler.
Takes 30 minutes • Serves 4
– 2½ tbsp olive oil.
– 450g/1lb leeks, trimmed and thickly sliced.
– 450ml/16fl oz vegetable stock.
– 100g/4oz self-raising flour, plus a little extra for rolling the dough.
– 75g/2½oz fat-free natural yogurt.
– 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves, plus extra to garnish.
– 140g/5oz frozen peas.
– 85g/3oz thick-cut ham, shredded.
– 1 small or ½ large apple, grated.
Step 1:Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Heat the half tablespoon of oil in a large pan, then fry the leeks, stirring, for 5 minutes until starting to soften. Add the stock, then simmer for 5 minutes.
Step 2:Meanwhile, tip the flour into a bowl, make a well in the centre, then add the yogurt, remaining oil, thyme leaves and a little salt. Using a cutlery knife, mix to bring together to a soft dough. Divide into four and shape into rounds on a floured surface.
Step 3:Stir the peas, ham and grated apple into the leeks, then divide among four individual pie dishes (or spoon into one large dish). Top each with a round of dough (or dot around the large dish), scatter with more thyme, then bake for 15 minutes or until golden and crisp.