The unusual combination of these flavours will wow your guests. Serve with some toasted pitta on the side for an added crunch.
SERVES 4 – 30 minutes
– 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil.
– juice 1 lemon.
– 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped.
– 4 tbsp roughly chopped tarragon leaves.
– 2 tsp clear honey.
– 2 small red onions or 1 large, thinly sliced.
– 2 × 400g can Puy lentils, drained and rinsed.
– 300g/10oz hot-smoked salmon.
– large bunch flat-leaf parsley, leaves picked.
– 2 pomegranates, seeds removed.
– toasted pitta bread, to serve.
Step 1:Combine the oil, lemon juice, garlic, tarragon and honey in a large bowl and season. Toss in the red onion and lentils, and set aside to marinate for 10 minutes.
Step 2:Break the salmon into large flakes and fold into the salad with the parsley and pomegranates. Serve with toasted pitta.
Note : PER SERVING 382 kcals, protein 27g, carbs 31g, fat 18g, sat fat 3g, fibre 11g, sugar 13g, salt 3.19g