Thrown together in minutes, yet stylish enough for entertaining, this dish is a great one to have up your sleeve.
SERVES 8 – 30 minutes
– 500g/1lb 2oz new potatoes, halved.
– 200g pack asparagus tips.
– 250g bag mixed salad leaves.
– small bunch each parsley and mint, leaves picked and roughly chopped.
– 140g/5oz radishes, thinly sliced.
– 8 hot-smoked salmon steaks, skin removed.
– 4 spring onions, sliced.
FOR THE DRESSING
– 3 tbsp lemon juice.
– 125ml/4fl oz olive oil.
– 1 tsp wholegrain mustard.
– 2 red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped.
Step 1:Boil the potatoes in a pan of salted water for 10 minutes until tender, adding the asparagus tips for the final 2 minutes of cooking. Drain and allow to cool a little while you get the remaining ingredients ready. Whisk together the dressing ingredients, then season to taste.
Step 2:In a large bowl, toss together the potatoes, asparagus, salad leaves, herbs and radishes. Add twothirds of the dressing, thoroughly mix through the salad, then spread the salad over a large platter.
Step 3:Break the hot-smoked salmon into large chunks, then scatter over the top with the spring onions.
Step 4:Pour the remaining dressing over the top.
Note : PER SERVING 299 kcals, protein 21g, carbs 13g, fat 19g, sat fat 3g, fibre 2g, sugar 3g, salt 2.09g