For a healthy take on meatballs, try this easy storecupboard recipe that the whole family will enjoy.
Takes 20 minutes • Serves 4 (easily halved or doubled)
– 2 × 160g cans tuna in sunflower or olive oil, drained (reserve a little oil).
– a small handful of pine nuts.
– finely grated zest of 1 lemon.
– a small handful of fresh parsley leaves, roughly chopped.
– 50g/2oz fresh breadcrumbs.
– 1 egg, beaten.
– 400g/14oz spaghetti.
– 500g jar tomato pasta sauce.
Step 1:Flake the tuna into a bowl, then tip in the pine nuts, lemon zest, parsley, breadcrumbs and egg. Season and mix together with your hands until completely combined. Roll the mixture into 12 walnut sized balls.
Step 2:Put a large pan of salted water on to boil, then cook the spaghetti according to the packet instructions.
Step 3:Heat the reserved tuna oil in a large non-stick frying pan, then fry the tuna balls for 5 minutes, turning every minute or so until completely golden. Drain on kitchen paper. Heat the tomato sauce, then toss together with the pasta and tuna balls.