Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes Servings: 2
Crispy golden brown sweet corn fritters with all of the flavours of jalapeno poppers including jalapenos, cream cheese, cheddar cheese and bacon.
– 1/2 cup flour* (or corn flour, or rice flour, etc).
– 1 egg.
– 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated.
– 1/4 cup cream cheese, room temperature.
– 2+ jalapeno peppers, diced.
– 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (optional).
– 1 teaspoon smoked paprika.
– 1 teaspoon coriander, toasted and ground.
– 2 green onions, sliced.
– 1 handful cilantro, chopped.
– 1 lime, zest and juice.
– 2 tablespoons oil.
Step 2: Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat, form into 1/4 cup patties and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 2-4 minutes per side.
Note : Use enough flour that the mixture holds together to form patties.
Nutrition Facts: Calories 663, Fat 40g (Saturated 16g, Trans 0), Cholesterol 150mg, Sodium 813mg, Carbs 61g (Fiber 6.8g, Sugars 6.8g), Protein 22g