Kidney Bean Salad/Ensalada de Frijoles
You get a nice sweet tinge through the mangoes and the jalapenos gives you a sour taste that tastes yummy.
– 3 tbsp. olive or vegetable oil; 1½ tbsp. vinegar
– 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
– 1/8 tsp. chili powder
– ½ tsp. oregano
– 1 16-oz. can (2 c.) kidney beans,drained
– 1 green pepper, cleaned out and chopped
– ½ c. chopped red onion; 1 tbsp. chopped pimento
– 12 pitted black olives, sliced; ½ head lettuce.
Put oil, vinegar, garlic, chili powder, and oregano in a small jar with a tight lid. Shake vigorously.
In a large bowl, mix the other ingredients (except lettuce) with oil mixture.
Chill 2 hours or more in the refrigerator.
Arrange lettuce leaves on a plate and spoon salad on top.
Food: Kidney Bean Salad/Ensalada de Frijoles