These taste fantastic from the griddle or, even better, the barbecue. Dress the salad ahead, adding the mint at the last minute, for a stress-free and summery supper outside.
– Takes 20 minutes • Serves 4 .
– 300g/10oz frozen peas.
– 2 × 410g cans green lentils, drained and rinsed.
– 4 tbsp white wine vinegar.
– 2 tbsp caster sugar.
– 1 small bunch of fresh mint, roughly chopped.
– 200g pack reduced-fat feta, crumbled.
– 8 lamb cutlets.
– 1 tsp olive oil.
Step 1:Cook the peas in boiling water for 3–4 minutes until just tender, then drain. Mix with the lentils, vinegar, sugar and mint, then crumble in the feta and season well.
Step 2:Heat a griddle pan, brush the cutlets with a little oil and season. Cook in the hot pan for 4 minutes on each side until browned and the middle is pink.
Step 3:Divide the lentil and feta salad among four bowls, then top with a couple of the cutlets per person.