Lamb steaks with houmous new potatoes
Give lamb and potatoes a bit of zing with lemony, garlicky houmous, herbs and olives.
Takes 20 minutes • Serves 2
– 500g/1lb 2oz new potatoes
– 2 lamb leg steaks
– 1 tsp olive oil
– 1 bunch of cherry tomatoes on the vine
– 3 tbsp houmous
– 10 pitted green olives, roughly chopped
– a small handful of flatleaf parsley, chopped
Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water for 15 minutes or until tender.
After 5 minutes, heat the grill or a griddle pan. Season the lamb steaks, rub with a little oil, then
griddle or grill for 3–4 minutes on each side until they are cooked to your liking, adding the tomatoes halfway through and cooking them until juicy and bursting.
When the potatoes are ready, drain well, then return to the pan and gently crush with a fork or potato masher. Stir through the houmous, olives and parsley, then season well. Serve the crushed potatoes with the lamb and the tomatoes.
Food: Lamb steaks with houmous new potatoes
• Per serving 552 kcalories, protein 46g, carbohydrate 43g, fat 23g, saturated fat 7g, fibre 5g, sugar 5g, salt 1.70g