This simple peasant-style dish is hugely satisfying and packed with protein, plus it’s unusual and interesting enough to entertain with.
SERVES 4- 25 minutes
– 300g/10oz fettuccine or linguine.
– 50g/2oz butter.
– 1 medium onion, chopped.
– 3 garlic cloves, chopped.
– 400g can puy or brown lentils, drained and rinsed.
– zest and juice 1 lemon.
– large handful coriander, leaves and stems roughly chopped.
– 150g tub low-fat Greek yogurt.
Step 1:Cook the pasta according to the pack instructions or until al dente.
Step 2:Meanwhile, melt the butter in a frying pan over a medium heat and add the onion. Cook until softened, then add the garlic for 2 minutes. Stir in the lentils to heat through.
Step 3:Drain the pasta and return it to the pan. Stir in the lentil mixture with the lemon zest and juice, coriander and yogurt and some seasoning.
Note : PER SERVING 511 kcals, protein 21g, carbs 76g, fat 16g, sat fat 9g, fibre 6g, sugar 6g, salt 0.28g