Masala scrambled eggs with crumbled paneer
This is a slightly Indianized version of scrambled eggs with cheese, served universally at home and in diners across the country. I have used Indian paneer and some fresh coriander (cilantro) to give this popular egg preparation a new twist. You can use this scramble in a wrap and make it a to-go meal in minutes.
– 2 tablespoons oil; 1 small onion, chopped
– 1 large tomato, chopped; 2 fresh green chili peppers, deseeded and minced
– 1 tablespoon peeled and minced fresh ginger; 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
– Salt, to taste; 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
– 1 cup (150 g) paneer cheese, coarsely crumbled
– 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander leaves (cilantro).
Heat the oil in a large non-stick saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion, tomato and green chili peppers, and cook, stirring until most of the tomato juices are dry, about 5 minutes. Stir in the ginger, lemon juice and salt.
Add the eggs and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until firm, about 2 minutes.
Mix in the paneer cheese and fresh coriander. Serve hot.
Food: Masala Scrambled Eggs With Crumbled Paneer