There is so much flavor in wholesome foods like olives, peppers and onions that when you cook with them, you can make it simple. This juicy chicken has a fresh taste—it’s not greasy or heavily seasoned. The recipe is very hands off and will come out perfect every time.
– 1 tsp (5 ml) olive oil.
– 1 tbsp (15 ml) balsamic vinegar.
– 1 (6–8-oz [170–230-g]) boneless chicken breast half.
– ¼ cup (45 g) kalamata olives.
– ½ roasted red pepper from a jar, drained and chopped.
– ½ white onion, cut into rings.
– Pinch of salt Pinch of black pepper.
– 1 tbsp (11 g) grated Parmesan cheese.
– Preheat the oven to 375°F (191°C).
Step 2: Put the pan in the oven, uncovered, and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked all the way through (cut it open to make sure). You’re good to eat. You can even eat out of the cast-iron skillet if you put it on a heat-proof surface, so you only have a pot and a fork to wash.