Mini salmon toast
Sort of an open-face sandwich, these mini toasts are made from healthy ingredients like salmon and celery. Deep-fried to golden brown perfection, these are addictive snacks that make very good appetisers.
Makes about 40 pieces
– Square bread slices 10
– Black sesame seeds 20 g (2/3 oz)
– White sesame seeds 150 g (51/3 oz)
– Cooking oil for deep-frying
– Salmon 100 g (31/2 oz), minced
– Squid paste 200 g (7 oz)
– Diced onion 15 g (1/2 oz)
– Diced celery 15 g (1/2 oz)
– Potato starch 4 g (1/7 oz)
– Salt 1 g (1/30 oz)
– Chicken powder 1 g (1/30 oz)
– Sugar 4 g (1/7 oz)
– Ground white pepper a dash
– Sesame oil a dash
Prepare fi lling. Mix salmon and squid paste together. Add seasoning ingredients and mix evenly.
Mix in diced onion and celery. Set aside.
Using a round cutter, cut out rounds from bread slices.
Spoon filling onto each bread round.
Mix black and white sesame seeds together. Lightly dampen filing and Step coat with sesame seeds.
Heat oil in a wok. Deep-fry salmon toast until golden brown.
Food: Mini salmon toast