The economical and comforting family favourite that will really take you back to your childhood.
Takes 25 minutes • Serves 6
– 600g/1lb 5oz any tube-shaped pasta.
– 50g/2oz butter.
– 50g/2oz plain flour.
– 600ml/1 pint milk.
– 340g can sweetcorn, drained and rinsed.
– 2 × 160g cans yellow fin tuna steak in springwater, drained.
– 250g/9oz strong Cheddar, grated.
– a large handful of fresh chopped parsley.
Step 1:Boil the pasta for 2 minutes less time than stated on the packet.
Step 2:To make the sauce, melt the butter in a pan. Whisk in the flour and milk, and keep whisking until it comes to the boil and thickens. Stir in the sweetcorn and tuna until warmed through, then take off the heat and stir in all but a handful of the cheese.
Step 3:Heat the grill to medium. Drain the pasta, mix with the sauce and parsley, then season. Transfer to a baking dish and top with the rest of the cheese. Grill for 5 minutes or until the cheese on top is golden and starting to brown.