If you like peanut satay chicken, you’ll love this quick and tasty supper. (Takes 30 minutes • Serves 4)
– 40g/5oz unsalted roasted peanuts.
– 4 skinless chicken breasts, halved lengthways.
– 1 egg, lightly beaten with a fork.
– 85g/3oz dried soba or buckwheat noodles.
– 1 cucumber, halved and sliced.
– 1 small bunch of fresh mint, leaves picked and larger ones roughly chopped.
– zest and juice of 2 limes.
– 1–2 tsp sugar.
– 1 red chilli, seeded and finely sliced (optional).
Step 1:Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6 and cover a baking sheet with baking parchment.
Step 2:Finely chop the peanuts in a food processor or by hand – you want large crumbs, not dust – then tip on to a plate. Dip the chicken pieces in the egg, then coat in the peanuts and put on the baking sheet.Bake for 15–20 minutes until golden and cooked through.
Step 3:Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to the packet instructions, drain, rinse under cold wateruntil cool, then drain again. When the chicken is cooked, use kitchen tongs or two forks to mix the noodles with the cucumber slices, mint leaves, lime juice and zest, sugar, chilli (if using) and some seasoning. Serve immediately, topped with the crunchy chicken.