Light but lovely – the perfect simple steamed dish that cooks while you get on with something else.
SERVES 2 – 25 minutes
– 85g/3oz baby corn, halved lengthways.
– 85g/3oz shiitake mushrooms, halved.
– 2 × 140g/5oz skinless cod fillets.
– 2 tsp dark soy sauce.
– 1 tbsp rice wine.
– 1 tbsp clear honey.
– 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced.
– ½ red chilli, thinly sliced.
– ½ finger-sized knob ginger, cut into matchsticks.
– 2 pak choi heads, halved.
– steamed rice, to serve.
Step 1:Line the base and sides of a steamer with a large sheet of baking parchment. Add the corn and mushrooms in an even layer, then sit the cod on top. Mix the soy, rice wine and honey with the garlic, chilli and ginger, then spoon half over the fish. Lay the pak choi over the cod and drizzle with the remaining soy mixture.
Step 2:Add water to the base of the steamer, cover tightly and steam for 10–15 minutes or until the cod flakes easily. Serve the cod and veg with its juices and some steamed rice.
Note : PER SERVING 187 kcals, protein 30g, carbs 13g, fat 2g, sat fat none, fibre 2g, sugar 11g, salt 1.4g