Low-fat, healthy, packed with flavour and really quick to make – what more do you want from a weeknight supper?
SERVES 2 – 20 minutes
– 500ml/18fl oz fish stock.
– 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar.
– 2 slices ginger.
– 2 garlic cloves, shredded.
– 85g/3oz frozen soya beans or peas.
– 100g/4oz Tenderstem broccoli, halved if large.
– 4 Chinese leaves or 1 small pak choi, sliced.
– 3 spring onions, sliced at an angle.
– 2 chunky skinless white fish fillets, such as haddock or sustainable cod.
– few drops sesame oil.
– ½–1 tsp toasted sesame seeds.
Step 1:Pour the stock into a deep sauté pan or wok with the vinegar, then add the ginger and garlic. Cover and cook for 5 minutes to allow the flavours to mingle.
Step 2:Add the soya beans or peas, broccoli and the fleshy part of the Chinese leaves or pak choi, then put the spring onions and fish on top. Cover and cook for 4–5 minutes more until the fish just flakes. Carefully lift the fish off on to a plate, discard the ginger, and stir in the remaining Chinese leaf or pak choi and the sesame oil. Ladle the veg and stock into bowls, top with the fish and sprinkle with the seeds.
Note : PER SERVING 247 kcals, protein 40g, carbs 6g, fat 6g, sat fat 1g, fibre 5g, sugar 1g, salt 0.7g