Pep up weeknight pork with a simple, spicy marinade. Takes 30 minutes • Serves 4
– 1 tsp Thai curry paste.
– 1 tsp light muscovado sugar.
– 2 × 125g pots low-fat natural yogurt.
– 400g/14oz lean pork fillet, cut into cubes.
– 300g/10oz chestnut mushrooms.
– 1 tbsp sunflower oil.
– 2 spring onions, finely chopped.
– 2cm knob fresh root ginger, finely chopped.
– 200g/8oz basmati rice, cooked and cooled.
– 100g/4oz sugar snap peas, shredded.
– 175g/6oz frozen sweetcorn (or from a can).
– good pinch of paprika.
– lemon or lime wedges, to serve.
Step 1:Blend the Thai paste, sugar and half the yogurt in a large bowl. Add the pork and mushrooms. Mix well, then thread on to eight pre-soaked wooden skewers.
Step 2:Cook the kebabs under a hot grill for 6–8 minutes, turning once. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a non stick pan or wok, add the spring onions and ginger, then briefly fry. Add the rice, peas, sweetcorn and paprika, then stir-fry for 2–3 minutes. Serve with the kebabs, the rest of the yogurt and lemon or lime wedges.