Sometimes the simplest and most obvious recipes are the best. No doubt this is a sandwich you could figure out on your own, but I figured I’d give you a head start using leftover pot roast. The key for me is melting and mixing the cheese into the juices from the roast. In the end there is a saucy quality about the cheese that makes it a perfect leftover sammy.
– 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil.
– 5 oz (140 g) leftover pot roast (here).
– ½ white onion, sliced thin.
– 1 green or red bell pepper, sliced thin.
– 1 bakery-fresh French roll.
– 1 tbsp (14 ml) mayo.
– 3 slices of your favorite cheese.
Step 2: Cut the French roll open and spread the mayo on the roll. Add the cheese to the almost-ready meat and give it 30 seconds to begin melting. Stir carefully, and tuck the cheesy steak and veggies into the roll. It’s ready.