Much more substantial than a bowl of soup, a bowl of laksa makes a quick supper for one.
– 2 tsp oil.
– 1 garlic clove, crushed.
– 1 spring onion, finely chopped.
– 2 tsp finely chopped ginger.
– 1 green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped.
– juice ½ lime.
– 100g/4oz raw peeled prawns (any size).
– 165ml can coconut milk.
– 100ml/4fl oz chicken or vegetable stock.
– 100g/4oz dried egg noodles.
– chopped coriander, to garnish.
Step 1:Heat the oil in a large pan or wok. When hot, throw in the garlic, spring onion, ginger and chilli. Cook on a medium heat for 3–4 minutes, then squeeze in the lime juice.
Step 2:Stir in the prawns, then add the coconut milk and stock. Simmer gently for 5 minutes on a low heat until the prawns are pink.
Step 3:Meanwhile, cook your egg noodles in a pan of boiling water for 4 minutes until soft. Drain, then tip into the laksa pan. Season to taste, then serve in a bowl, topped with coriander.
Note : PER SERVING 823 kcals, protein 33g, carbs 79g, fat 44g, sat fat 25g, fibre 3g, sugar 7g, salt 2.19