You can reach for seconds of this delicious curry – low in fat, it also provides three of your 5-a-day.
SERVES 4 – 30 minutes
– 1 tbsp vegetable oil.
– 2 onions, halved, each cut into 6 wedges.
– 6 ripe tomatoes, each cut into 8 wedges.
– finger-sized knob ginger, chopped.
– 6 garlic cloves, roughly chopped.
– 3 tbsp curry paste (try tikka masala).
– 400g/14oz raw peeled king prawns.
– 250g/9oz frozen peas.
– small bunch coriander, leaves chopped, to garnish.
– basmati rice or chapattis, to serve.
Step 1:Heat the oil in a frying pan, then fry the onions over a medium heat until soft and beginning to brown, about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, reserve eight of the tomato wedges, then whizz the remainder in a food processor along with the ginger and garlic.
Step 2:Add the curry paste to the pan and heat for 30 seconds. Stir through the tomato mix and remaining tomato wedges, then bubble over a high heat for 5 minutes, stirring so the sauce doesn’t catch. Mix in the prawns and peas; simmer until the prawns are pink and cooked through. Scatter with coriander, then serve with rice or chapattis.
Note : PER SERVING 236 kcals, protein 24g, carbs 18g, fat 8g, sat fat 1g, fibre 6g, sugar 10g, salt 1.24g