Quick roast lamb
No need to wait until Sunday for your roast – this satisfying meal can be rustled up in just half an hour.
Takes 30 minutes • Serves 2
– 400g/14oz new potatoes
– 250g/9oz Chantenay carrots or large carrots cut into big chunks
– 1 tbsp oil, plus a little more for the lamb
– 1 fresh rosemary sprig, leaves chopped
– 100ml/3½fl oz red wine
– 100ml/3½fl oz lamb stock (from a cube is fine)
– 1–2 tsp redcurrant jelly
– 4 lamb chops or cutlets
green beans or other veg, to serve
Preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas 7. Put the potatoes and carrots on to a baking sheet, toss
with the oil and rosemary, then season well. Roast for 15 minutes on the top shelf until the veg is
golden and almost tender.
Meanwhile, make the gravy. Put the wine and stock into a small pan, then boil until reduced by
about two-thirds. Stir in the redcurrant jelly, season and keep warm.
Rub the lamb in a little oil, then season. Tuck the lamb in among the veg, then return to the oven for8–10 minutes, turning the lamb halfway through. Serve with the redcurrant gravy and some green veg.
Food: Quick roast lamb
• Per serving 606 kcalories, protein 34g, carbohydrate 44g, fat 32g, saturated fat 13g, fibre 5g, sugar 13g, salt 0.70g