Raw artichokes have a mild, intriguing flavor and firm texture. A quick soak in vinaigrette not only enhances their flavor but also tenderizes them a bit. Be sure to slice all the vegetables as thinly as possible, either with a knife, mandoline, or the slicing blade of your food processor.
– ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil.
– 4 large cloves garlic, smashed.
– 2 oz. thinly sliced pancetta.
– 2 Tbs. sherry vinegar.
– ½ tsp. finely chopped fresh dill.
– Kosher salt and freshly.
– ground black pepper.
– 3 large fresh artichoke hearts, sliced very thinly.
– ½ small fennel bulb, sliced very thinly crosswise, fronds reserved for garnish.
– 4 oz. cremini mushrooms, sliced very thinly.
– 1 oz. shaved Grana Padano.
Step 2: In a medium bowl, toss the artichoke hearts with 1 Tbs. of the vinaigrette and let sit for 10 minutes. In another bowl, toss the sliced fennel and mushrooms with 2 tsp. of the vinaigrette. Divide the fennel and mushrooms among four plates. Top with the artichokes, pancetta, and cheese. Garnish with the fennel fronds, drizzle with the remaining vinaigrette, and serve.