A little asparagus goes a long way in this seasonal supper dish. Perfect for a Friday-night meal with friends.
Takes 25 minutes • Serves 4
– 400g/14oz penne.
– 500g/1lb 2oz asparagus, each spear trimmed and cut into 3 pieces.
– 2 tbsp olive oil.
– 6 slices pancetta, snipped into pieces.
– 200g/8oz cherry tomatoes, halved.
– a good handful of fresh basil leaves, torn.
– grated Parmesan, to garnish.
Step 1:Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions.
Step 2:Put the asparagus into a roasting tin, then toss with the oil and pancetta. Roast for 10 minutes until the pancetta starts to crisp up, stir in the tomatoes, then cook for 5 minutes more.
Step 3:Drain the pasta, then add to the roasting tin along with the torn basil leaves and seasoning. Stir well until everything is glistening, then serve in bowls, scattered with grated Parmesan.