Orange and fennel give plenty of flavour and texture to winter salads. Set this lusciously lowfat salmon on a platter on the table and let everyone just dig in. (Takes 15 minutes • Serves 4)
– 4 small or 2 large salmon fillets.
– 100g bag fresh watercress.
– 410g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed.
– 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced.
– ½ red onion, thinly sliced.
– 2 oranges.
– 100g/3½oz natural yogurt.
– 2 tbsp chopped dill, plus a few fronds to garnish.
Step 1:Put the salmon in a microwave-proof dish, cover with cling film, then cook on High for 3½–4 minutes until the salmon is just cooked. Peel the skin away and flake into large chunks.
Step 2:Toss together the watercress, chickpeas, fennel and onion, then arrange on a large platter. Zest one of the oranges, cut away the skin and pith from both fruit, then segment them both and add to the salad. Squeeze the juice from the leftover middle section of the oranges into a bowl and mix two tablespoons of it with the yogurt, dill, zest and seasoning.
Step 3:Scatter the salmon chunks over the salad, then serve with the creamy orange dressing drizzled on top.