Tostados are a fun and easy way to eat any delicious mix of food. By frying the tortillas, you’ll get a crunchy base for your meal, which is perfect for the fresh salmon and creamy black beans. Keep in mind that tostados will work with all sorts of toppings, so if salmon isn’t on sale, you can fry up some chicken or beef and toss it on these crispy “crackers.”
– 1 cup (85 g) coleslaw mix (veggies only!).
– 2 tbsp (5 g) chopped fresh cilantro.
– ½ cup (128 g) canned black beans, rinsed and drained.
– Pinch of finely chopped Carolina Reaper chile, without seeds.
– 1 tbsp (14 ml) mayo.
– Salt and black pepper to taste.
– Pinch of sugar.
– 4-oz (115-g) salmon fillet.
– 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil.
– 2 (6-in [15-cm]) corn tortillas.
– ½ avocado, diced.
– 2 tablespoons (20 g) chopped tomato.
– 2 tbsp (15 g) shredded Monterey Jack cheese.
Step 2: Return the pan to medium-high heat and heat the olive oil. Toss in the corn tortillas and crisp them up, about 1–2 minutes per side.
Step 3: Transfer the tortillas to a plate, and top each one with half the slaw, and half the salmon. Top with avocado, tomato and cheese. Grub up!