Salsa chicken and cheese tortillas
Another tasty filling idea for these tortillas is leftover roast chicken with grated cheese, mango chutney and chopped spring onions.
Takes 15 minutes • Serves 2
– 4 tbsp hot salsa, from a jar
– 2 large flour tortillas
– 215g can kidney beans, drained, rinsed and roughly mashed
– 1 spring onion, chopped
– 50g/2oz leftover roast chicken, shredded
– 85g/3oz grated mature Cheddar
– ½ × 20g pack coriander, leaves chopped (optional)
– oil, for brushing
Spread two tablespoons of salsa on to each tortilla, then evenly top one of them with the beans, spring onion, chicken and Cheddar. Scatter with coriander, if you like. Sandwich with the other
tortilla, then brush one side with oil.
Heat a large non-stick frying pan, then cook the tortilla, oil-side down, for 3 minutes. Carefully turn over with a palette knife (or by turning it out onto a plate, sliding it back into the pan), then cook for 2 minutes on the other side until golden. Serve cut into wedges.
Food: Salsa chicken and cheese tortillas
• Per serving 533 kcalories, protein 27g, carbohydrate 44g, fat 29g, saturated fat 12g, fibre 6g, sugar 7g, salt 3.18g