This is a juicy salsa, spiked by the chilies and spices, and it works well as an accompaniment to grilled meat or barbecued chicken. In Mexico, from where it originates, it is usually served with goat; however, it works equally well with lamb, chicken, or pork. You could use a crisp apple such as a Pink Lady or Braeburn in place of the peaches or nectarines. Or perhaps even make it as a tomato salsa instead.
– 1 garlic clove, finely chopped.
– 3 medium-hot fresh red jalapeño chilies, seeded and finely chopped.
– 3 scallions (green onions), thinly sliced.
– ½ red onion, finely diced.
– 3 fresh ripe peaches or nectarines juice of 3 limes.
– ½ tsp pimentón (good-quality paprika) pinch of sea salt.
– freshly ground black pepper.
Step 2: Add the pimentón and salt to the salsa, and season with pepper. Gently stir until well mixed. Serve as an accompaniment to grilled meat or chicken.