Make your own Thai banquet with this easy punchy pork and fresh crisp salad.
– Takes 20 minutes • Serves 4.
– 3 tbsp crunchy peanut butter.
– 3 tbsp sweet chilli sauce.
– 4 lean pork steaks.
– juice of 2 limes.
– 1 tsp Thai fish sauce.
– a pinch of sugar.
– 2 apples, cored and thinly sliced.
– a small bunch of coriander, leaves roughly torn.
– ½ × small bunch of mint, leaves roughly torn.
– jasmine rice, to serve.
Step 1:Heat the grill to high. Mix the peanut butter and sweet chilli sauce together, then season with blackpepper only (the peanut butter is salty enough). Arrange the pork on a baking sheet, brush the top swith half the nutty mixture, then grill for 3 minutes. Carefully turn the pork steaks over, brush with the remaining mixture, then grill for 3–4 minutes more until just cooked through.
Step 2:Meanwhile, make the salad. Mix together the lime juice, fish sauce and sugar in a bowl. Stir in the apple slices so they are well coated in the dressing, then toss with the coriander and mint. Serve the crunchy apple salad alongside the pork steaks, with jasmine rice on the side.