These make a delicious lunch to share, or, put on smaller pieces of bread, a great pre-dinner nibble.
– Takes 20 minutes • Serves 2.
– 200g/8oz raw peeled king prawns.
– 4 slices from a baguette, sliced on an angle.
– 1 tsp olive oil.
– 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced.
– 1 large red chilli, seeded and sliced.
– juice of 1 lemon.
– 1 small bunch of fresh coriander, leaves chopped.
– 2 large handfuls of rocket, to garnish.
Step 1:Butterfly the prawns first: slit them all along their length, taking care not to cut all the way through. Pull out any traces of black using the tip of your knife.
Step 2:Toast the bread and keep warm. Heat the oil in a wok, then fry the garlic and chilli until sizzling. Turn up the heat, add the prawns, then cook until they turn pink. Remove from the heat, then add the lemon juice and coriander. Season, then serve piled on the toast with rocket leaves scattered on top.