Sausage and tomato pizza
Bought pizza bases can be real life-savers; keep one in the freezer ready to load up to make
this delicious dish. Perfect with a crisp salad.
Takes 20 minutes • Serves 2
– 1 tbsp olive oil
– 1 large red onion, peeled and finely sliced
– 2 garlic cloves, crushed
– 5 tbsp passata
– a pinch of sugar
– 1 large (25cm) pizza base
– 2 sausages, cut into thin slices
– 50g/2oz grated cheese (any kind)
– a handful of fresh basil leaves, to scatter
Preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas 7. Heat the olive oil in a pan and fry the onion and garlic until softened, about 5 minutes.
Season the passata with a pinch of sugar and some salt and pepper.
Put the pizza base on to a baking sheet and spread over the passata, leaving a border around the
edge. Top with the onions, sausages and, finally, the cheese. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes until crisp.
Scatter with basil just before serving.
Food: Sausage and tomato pizza
• Per serving 654 kcalories, protein 26g, carbohydrate 75g, fat 30g, saturated fat 11g, fibre 4g, sugar 11g, salt 3g