Sliced beef and arugula salad with green olive and raisin salsa
– 8–10 green olives, pitted and sliced handful of plump dark raisins.
– 2 tsp capers, rinsed and gently squeezed dry.
– drizzle of olive oil.
– small handful of fresh ﬂat-leaf.
– parsley, fnely chopped.
– sea salt and freshly ground.
– black pepper.
– handful of fresh wild arugula leaves.
– 6oz (175g) thinly sliced pastrami or other cooked beef from the deli.
Step 1:To make the salsa: In a bowl, mix together the olives, raisins, capers, oil, and parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Step 2:Arrange the arugula and pastrami in a shallow serving bowl. Spoon the salsa over the top, and serve at room temperature.
Note : (variation) Top the salad with some freshly shaved Parmesan cheese, if you wish